- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or turkey gravy, homemade or Campbell’s
- 4 pie crusts, store-bought or homemade
- 16 ounces hashbrowns, frozen
- 12 ounces peas and carrots, frozen
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take pie crusts out of package.
- If you have purchased the ones in the tins take one tin out and thaw on counter.
- Turn the second tin upside down as it thaws.
- While that is thawing mix together in a large bowl the shredded chicken, hashbrowns, peas & carrots, onion (optional) and gravy.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- When pie crust has thawed (15 minutes usually) add pot pie ingredients into pie tin with crust.
- Then take the upside down crust and gently place it on top of the pie carefully.
- Spread it out and pinch the two pie crusts together on the seams.
- Poke a few holes with a knife or fork on top of pie.
- Cover and freeze if you want this as a freezer meal, or place in oven at 350 degrees and cook for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown and you can hear the inside is bubbling.
To cook from frozen:
- Thaw in your fridge in the morning and while partially still frozen later that night bake at 350 for an hour or hour and 15 minutes.
- You’ll know when it’s done when it’s bubbling even through the middle holes.